April 8, 2010

WTF IS CHARLIE?

Charlie


1965, Vietnam War U.S. military slang for "Vietcong, Vietcong soldier," suggested by Victor Charlie, military communication code for V.C. (as abbreviation of Viet Cong), perhaps strengthened by World War II slang use of Charlie for Japanese soldiers, probably an extension of the 1930s derogatory application of Charlie to any Asian man, from fictional Chinese detective Charlie Chan.
 
 
My mother babysits my two boys while I'm at work.  There is a playground directly in front of the driveway.  My mother was looking out the window while my son, Malik played in the park yesterday.  A vietnamese little boy was chasing a black little girl around the playground screaming "Catch Charlie Catch Charlie!"
 The little girl stopped instantly and turned around confused.  I could only imagine the hand on the hip and neck twirling as I tell you what the little girl said.  She said, "WHO THE FUCK IS CHARLIE?"  But, wait here is the crazy part.  I wanted to know who the fuck is Charlie as well.  LOLLOLLOLOLOl
 
Again, people thank you so much for supporting my blog.  Even if you don't follow it but you read it means that much more too me.  Also, remember to keep Lamaris in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments