October 14, 2010

THIS IS WHAT PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS DONE FOR US

I made a vow that until the midterm election is over I would only blog about the importance of exercising our rights to vote.  Not only exercising our rights to vote but, to ensure that President Obama is re-elected.  I have actually took the time after reading many disturbing and tactless post that were degrading not only to our president but to other African Americans as myself.  I can't believe that some of us are so ignorant to not believe that President Obama is doing exactly what he said he would do from day one. I'm not going to make this a long drawn out post.  However, I will share with you what President Obama has done for us.  See below:


Dream.  Barock Obama made it possible for little black boys to believe in dreams. Jesse Jackson was the closes a black man has came to running for president.  My grandfather told me a black man will never become a president when Obama was running.  My grandfather is 88 yrs old and he has lived to see the first black president.


Voting.  I'm so embarrassed to say this and I promised my cousin/bestfriend that I wouldn't tell anyone other than her this.  I did not vote until President Obama ran for president.  I was one of those people with the ignorant mentality that my vote didn't matter.  I would voice my opinion about world events and my mother would tease me by saying "you didn't vote so your voice isn't heard".  It's sad but true.  Don't go shaking your heads at me.  You know darn well you just learned how to vote too.  But, on a serious note that election was the most crucial time in all of America's history.  You HAD to vote.  That election was so important for the inner-city youth.  The same young guys that some of you turn your nose up at or hold your pocketbook tight when you walk pass them were the ones that probably had the most impact of Obama winning from their vote.  Yes, a lot of the "corner boys" that were able to vote did just that.  Though, I still think that Sarah Palin is actually the one that won it for Obama.  Because after hearing her speak some people said exactly this "Hell No this idiot will not be my vice president".  Okay, you got me there because that is what I was thinking to myself.


Politics.  Personally, I thought politics was the most boring topic ever discussed.  I used to could care less about politics. All I knew is that I was a democrat.   I was taught that the republicans were rich.  So, I said shoot I'm not rich so I guess I am a democrat.  I would literally be upset if the debate was on the same channel as one of my favorite television shows.  I didn't realize nor care of the importance of politics until President Obama.  Shut up it's my blog don't judge me.


I can go on and on about the things that our president had given or should I say shared with us but, this blog will be 400 pages when I am done.  Therefore, I am going to give you a glimpse of what to be prepared for if we don't keep President Barack Obama in office.  Please click on link below to view.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAs_ZmtuKOg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intense Debate Comments